Blog | Oct 28, 2013
Rapid Install of VISION R12.2
Release 12.2 Vision Install using rapidwiz, best way to go through new release’s features
Here I will show quick steps to perform R12.2 Vision install and key things to remember.
Example is given using RedHat Linux 5 64bit – Single Node architecture.
Use https://edelivery.oracle.com/ to download R12.2 software
Unzip startCD manually which will create
sh buildStage.sh <-- This will unzip and create staging area for R12.2 install
A few key points to keep in mind before starting rapidwiz
• Specify oraInventory directory in /etc/oraInst.loc
• Decide on Two Port Pools and make sure those are not in use
• Naming convention for ORACEL_SID, Hostname, Domain, DB Owner/Group, Apps Owner/Group, DB Base Directory, DB Oracle Home, Datafile location, Apps Base Directory, Apps Instance Directory, APPLCSF
(for Non Edition File System)
• Vision demo uses UTF8 for database character set
• Followings are listed as Optional which are Mandatory Pieces, Don't forget to download the same along with R12.2 Software
• Oracle Fusion Middleware Web Tier Utilities 11g Patch Set 5 (184.108.40.206.0) for Linux x86-64 : V29764-01
• Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.6) Generic and Coherence : V29856-01
• You will require root access OR sudo root access for rapidwiz script if using Multiple Users for Db and Apps
Now we will review screens for Vision Demo R12.2 install cd /Stage/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz. ./rapidwiz
Release 12.2.2 Patch preparation:
Apply mandatory Patch 17064510 (17064510:R12.TXK.C) in hotpatch mode on the Run File System.
$ adop phase=apply patches=17064510 hotpatch=yes
After your installation or upgrade is complete, run the AD Administration Maintain Snapshot option.
Run AD Administration (adadmin).
From the Main Menu, choose Maintain Applications Files > Maintain Snapshot Information.
Select Option 2, Update Current View Snapshot. Then, from the Snapshot submenu, select Option 1, Update Complete APPL_TOP.
Following OPatches needs to be applied on 220.127.116.11 RDBMS HOME prior to R12.2.2 (which are missing from List as per Note # Database
Preparation Guidelines for an E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Upgrade (Doc ID 1349240.1)) and Oracle E-Business Suite Release Notes, Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1320300.1)
17468141 - PL/SQL COMPILATION THROWS ERROR ORA-4063 Can be applied in Online Mode
16924879 - CLEAN UP OBSOLETE ORACLE/QSMA SYNONYMS FROM DB 11.2 Has to be Offline Mode
17047617 - MERGE REQUEST ON TOP OF 18.104.22.168.0 FOR BUGS 15967134 12657924 Has to be Offline Mode
17184721 - CLEAN UP OBSOLETE ORACLE/QSMA SYNONYMS POST INSTALL SCRIPT Has to be Offline Mode and this one has Post Step
Refer: Applying the 12.2.2 AD and TXK Release Update Pack (Doc ID 1560906.1)
As part of Cutover phase it switches Run Base to Patch Base and Patch Base to Run Base
Now apply Release 12.2.2 Patches in Online Mode (No downtime require while patch application in progress, Only cut over phase will require momentary downtime during restart)
adop phase=apply patches=16207672,16207673
Hoping this session was helpful and will create more familiarity with R12.2 Install Process.
In next session we will talk about Full Cloning process for R12.2