Choosing Your Data Warehouse and Data Integration Strategy
Properly integrating data is one of the riskiest, most expensive and failure-prone IT projects that a company can undertake. So where do you start?
Do these challenges sound familiar?
- Is your IT department stymied by user requests for information that is just not available? Does gathering and transforming this data consume hours and hours of IT resource time?
- Are you losing business to a competitor but can't find out in time due to your lack of ability to do analysis at that level?
- Are you wasting money on costly work-arounds because you don't have a Data Warehouse?
- Does your transaction processing suffer due to hitting that system directly with reports?
A Data Warehouse will solve these problems...but if you chose the wrong implementation strategy, you're taking a huge, expensive risk.
View this on-demand video to explore the pros and cons of the various Data Warehousing approaches and the common errors organizations make when undertaking these projects. This video examines:
- Pros and cons of an internal versus outsourced Data Warehouse project
- Complexities of integrating enterprise data - are the benefits worth the risks?
- The BI Life Cycle - How do organizations progress from data exports into Excel all the way up to a Data Warehouse?
- Strategies for addressing different data sources
- Data Warehousing Approaches and Best Practices including Inmon, Kimball, Star-Schema, and Conformed Dimensions